1.18.2012

Redneck Wine Glasses

At the blame of Pinterest and my brother's wedding, I have become mildly obsessed with mason jars.  
It is the endless possibilities that tug at my creative heartstrings!

I decided to make these adorable Redneck Wine Glasses as part of the centerpieces for the wedding.  Originally, I saw an ad on Craigslist by a guy that was trying to sell these for 12 bucks a piece.  Yowza! Too bad I made them for less than $2 each!  I love these glasses because they have so many uses!  You can add them to your table setting for everyday use, add fresh or faux flowers for a super quick and easy arrangement, fill with chocolate and pair with a bottle of Martinelli's for gift giving or even add candles to brighten up your mantle!  Like I said... endless possibilities!


WHAT YOU NEED:

1. Mason Jars - $10-$11/dozen
2. 4'' Glass Candle Stick Holders - $1 at Dollar Tree
3. E6000 Craft Adhesive - $3.99 at Michael's
4. Stack of large books

INSTRUCTIONS:

Step 1: Wash and thoroughly dry bottom of mason jar
Step 2: Turn candle stick holders upside down and apply a generous layer of E600 adhesive to rim.
Step 3: Firmly center the glue end of the candle stick holder to the bottom of jar.

Step 4: Gently place large books on top of your upside down glasses.
Step 5: Leave glasses to dry for at least 1 hour.  I like to let them set overnight, just to be sure!

 Enjoy your fabulous Redneck Wine Glasses and remember these are only hand washable!



No comments: