8.31.2013

The first of many...

Snuggling my sweet Londyn this morning as I reflect on one year ago today...

With all of the Disney fun we've been having, there is still mourning and grief. This day is not easy but will never be ignored. I am blessed to have such sacred memories of our last moments with Zoe. I have never felt closer to my Father in heaven than I did when holding our little angel as she took her last breath. I could feel her Spirit return to him and the relief from all of the pain and suffering her body no longer had to endure. My love for our Savior grew that day as I knew without a doubt that I will see my daughter again and my fullness of joy will be restored. 

On this anniversary, I am celebrating Zoe's life and all of the blessings she brought to our eternal family. After all that we have been through, I look at where we were and where we are today. We are stronger, more sacrificing, more patient and in love. The bigger, eternal picture has been made clear and we have every reason and desire to do our best to be a part of it. 

I am so grateful to know that my Savior lives, that Zoe lives and that our Heavenly Father loves us. We are his sons and daughters. Just as I look forward to my reunion with Zoe, He eagerly awaits our return to Him. Amongst the sadness, is hope and joy for what we have to look forward to. This life is not the end and I will strive to "find joy in the journey" knowing that much more is in store. 

Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days. (D&C 24:8)

Thank you for all of your love and prayers. Today is a beautiful Zoe Day.

The Life of Zoe Grace

No comments: