9.28.2013

Fall Beginnings


Gone are the days of jammies til noon, bronzing in the sun, playdates at the park and everything else that is Summer!  The Oregon rain is falling, the smell of pumpkin spice is in the air we're back to the grind with work, preschool, dance, callings, holidays and my beloved calendar (I don't know how I would function without it!)

This is Londyn's second and last year of preschool before the big "K" word... clearly I'm having acceptance issues with the fact that my baby is growing far too quickly.  
She goes to preschool Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and takes dance on Mondays & Tuesdays. She loves going to Miss Rebecca's school and is always asks to do "school" when I'm making dinner.  I can't believe how quickly she is picking up reading!


Fun times in the month of September

Andrew is working lots of overtime these days.  With a new Fab opening at the beginning of next year, they are swamped with work.  He has also been helping the scouts in our ward with their Space Exploration merit badge.  They will be launching rockets soon!
A few weeks ago, he worked a 12 hour night and then picked up a group of student volunteers at George Fox University to clean up Zoe's cemetery.  He was up for 24 hours before he was able to crawl into bed!

I have been busy reinventing myself!  We are always striving to better ourselves but I have found so much motivation for growth after Zoe has given me a glimpse into my eternal potential.  It is so fulfilling to set goals and reach them or even surpass them.  Some even being miracles... for example, not a sip of Diet Coke in the last 70 days and running two 5k races in the last month!
I started dental assisting in my dad's office and work there two days a week.  It has been about 7 years since I last assisted in oral surgery but I'm amazed at how easily most of has come back to me.  I still have a lot to learn but it's rewarding to refresh on an old skill and make some extra money doing it!

Team Zoe @ the Portland Color Run with friends Erin & Kristin

"ran" into my niece Kaylee after the race!

At the finish line with my nieces Mikayla, Kam & Mary and sis-in-law Bec

My dance business has really taken off this year!  I currently teach 5 classes with 42 students.  I love the new venue I'm teaching at and have added Tap into my three younger classes.  I am so excited about all of the new opportunities to reach out to heart families through my business.  
I now have a scholarship in honor of Zoe for a child with a congenital heart defect to take dance classes with all expenses covered.  The first recipient is named Ellie and I can't help but think of Zoe every time I see her.  She is such a joy and I am so blessed to feel her special spirit in class every week.  

After class with some of my cute 3 to 5 year olds

I am also very excited about the Hope for the Holidays event that I've started this year.  Each class is competing to collect brand new toy donations to be delivered to Randall Children's Hospital where they will perform their holiday routines for the patients and staff at the beginning of December.  It has been fun to see my students come up with their own creative ways to get their donations!

We still have bad days, but more importantly... we still have eachother.
Life isn't easy, but life IS good.
Happy Fall!


1 comment:

Smokey said...

You go girl! Wow kacie, look at all the good you are doing in the world, I'm always looking up to you!! Xoxo