2.02.2013

RED DAY


February is a month of exchanging Valentine's cards, eating lots of chocolate and romancing that special someone.  Not only is it the month of AMOUR, but February is also Heart Disease Awareness Month.  I never thought I would appreciate seeing all of the Valentine's Day decor as much as I do now.  With every red heart that catches my eye, I can't help but be reminded of Zoe Grace.  I am reminded of how hard her half a heart fought and the struggles that many heart babies continue to overcome.

Yesterday, we invited anyone and everyone to join us and GO RED for ZOE!  February 1st in national WEAR RED DAY, to raise awareness for heart disease.  I also asked friends and family to share photos of their red spirit.  I am so grateful for everyone that participated in this special day.  I know that Zoe will never be forgotten, but it is a common fear for a bereaving mother.  I truly cherish the outpouring of remembrance and honor for our Zo-zo yesterday and every day.  Your love for our family is felt and strengthens us in more ways than you will ever know.


Here are all of the photos that we received in honor of RED for Zoe.






Londyn picked out red flowers to take to her sister's grave.  It was a beautiful sunshiney day!  In December my parents placed a little Christmas tree at the head of her grave and for February, they placed a red heart shaped wreath, just like the ones we had at her funeral.  




It was a lovely day.


No comments: