2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 1 pound ground beef
· 1 large onion, chopped
· 6 cups cabbage, chopped
· 3 cups red potatoes, diced
· 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
· 3 cups water
· 24 ounces tomato sauce
· 4 beef bouillon cubes
· 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon pepper
Yields 10 Servings
Yields 10 Servings
Chicken Thighs with Carrots and Potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 medium-size new potatoes (about 1 lb.)
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 skinned, bone-in chicken thighs
1. Halve onion lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place onion in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker; top with potatoes and carrots.
2. Combine broth, next 3 ingredients, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Pour over vegetables.
3. Combine paprika and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper; rub over chicken. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
4. Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
4 cups cooked broccoli flowerets
1 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place the broccoli and chicken into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Stir the soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle with the cheese. Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle the bread crumbs mixture over the cheese.
- Bake at 450°F. for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling.
You leave the salon looking like Laura Bush: cute, clean, but undeniably mom-like. You throw away the picture of Meg. Fortunately, the new you has no time to dwell on a disappointing haircut. Plus, everyone will say you look great because they all keep picturing you in those last bloated days of pregnancy. Believe them. You do.... click here for the rest of the article
Unfortunately, this is totally my story! When I got married my hair was longer... then I chopped it off all sassy and fun. I tried growing it out, in the attempt to look like a hot mom after Londyn was born. All too soon, I realized that I have ZERO time to put into my hair. Hence, the chopping off... once again. Although, this time... my hair turned out much more "mom"-like. Now, I read this article AFTER I already decided to grow it out... and this time, I MEAN IT. This is my 2nd attempt at "project: hot mama".
BEFORE: once upon a time
AFTER: Laura Bush
- she's getting her diaper changed
- in the bath tub
- eating her bottle
- fighting sleep
- she wants to get out of her car seat
- she's done swinging
- she's not getting attention
- on her play mat
- daddy lifts her up high in the air
- we swing her upside down
- we kiss her ears
- you smile at her
- you talk to her
- her feet are pushed up to her chest
- she wakes up
- bounced on your lap
- holding her hands to sit up and down
- you shimmy her legs, arms and belly
See you there.
Get all the information and register HERE.
How long have you been together? It all began in May 2008
How long did you know each other before you started dating? A month of e-mails and phone calls.
Who asked who out? He asked me!
Whose siblings do you see the most? Mine. We live so close! We wish we were closer to his though!
Do you have any children together? One darling baby girl.
What about pets? Been there. Done that.
Did you go to the same school? Nope.
Who is the most sensitive? I'm a chick. Of course, me.
Where do you eat out most as a couple? Wherever is cheap or free.
Where is the furthest you have ever traveled as a couple? Massachusetts.
Who has the worst temper? Me. I'm a force to be reckoned with!
Who does the cooking? Duh. Me.
Who is more social? Me. Totally.
Who is the neat freak? Mostly me...
Who is the most stubborn? Tied.
Who hogs the bed? Andrew. Hello? He's huge and has a habit of stealing the covers and sneaking my pillow in the middle of the night.
Who wakes up earlier? Andrew. Unless I'm up with the baby.
Where was your first date? The day after we met.
Who has the bigger family? Andrew- one of seven.
Do you get flowers often? Not often, but enough for me.
Who eats more? Andrew.
Who sings better? Neither.
Who does the laundry? Me.
Who is better with the computer? Andrew. Smarty-pants.
Who drives when you are together? Both.
Who picks where you go to dinner? We are both terrible at making decisions. But, usually me... because eating out is my absolute favorite thing to do!
Who is the first one to admit when they are wrong? Me... but in a girly way, expecting him to say it too! Terrible, I know.
Who wears the pants in this relationship? Secretly, it's me. Not to kill his ego, but I keep us together ;) haha
Who eats more sweets? Does this question even need an answer? ANDREW.
Where did you honeymoon? The islands of Hawaii. We always talk about how much we miss "the cruise."
Favorite date night? Eating out. Movies at home.
Couple I imagine us growing old like? The Notebook couple. We are so super cheesy and love to cuddle. I see us still being that way in our old age.