Chicken Thighs with Carrots and Potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 medium-size new potatoes (about 1 lb.)
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 skinned, bone-in chicken thighs
1. Halve onion lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place onion in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker; top with potatoes and carrots.
2. Combine broth, next 3 ingredients, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Pour over vegetables.
3. Combine paprika and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper; rub over chicken. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
4. Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Yield: Makes 6 servings