3.31.2013

Easter

Over the past few days, my plan was to stay busy so we could skip over the pain of celebrating another first holiday without Zoe.  I wish I could say it was all pastel colored eggs, chocolate and spiritual uplift... but it was hard.  It was so hard.  All I can say is that I tried and trying is enough.  

Andrew had to work Easter, so we set out our own little egg hunt for Lulu on Friday night.  She was so surprised on Saturday morning to hunt for eggs.

Later Saturday morning, I took Londyn and her cousin Sammie to a local egg hunt.  They scored full sized candy bars, a goody bag and way too much candy.  

Londyn was a pro this year.  She didn't hesitate one bit!  The Easter Bunny made her nervous, but she was brave and took a photo with him.  

It was a GORGEOUS sunshiney day!  

Later on Saturday afternoon, we made our weekly visit to see Zoe.  Lulu picked out a balloon to take to her sister and wanted to show Zoe all of the candy she got at the Easter Egg Hunt earlier. I am so blessed to have two sweet girls, but it breaks my heart to see how much Londyn misses her sister.  

It was an extra special visit because we got to see the memorial plaque that was recently placed at the cemetery.  In the Fall, a young man named Geoffrey completed his Eagle project of beautifying Zoe's cemetery with some lovely landscaping.  I love how the sign turned out.  It is so touching to be reminded of Zoe's goodness!

Andrew got home at 7am from work this morning and we quickly watched Lulu open her Easter basket.  She loved all of her surprises!

I just love my little Easter girl.  She looked like a little doll, heading to a tea party with the Queen!

Before our ward, I went to an earlier sacrament meeting to hear Elder Pape give his farewell talk.  Adam is my niece Mikayla's boyfriend and we love him!  After listening to his talk, I know for a fact that he is going to make an amazing missionary.  Londyn adored Adam last year after he wooed her with a princess dish set for her birthday and painting her toe nails for her.  Ever since he went away for college, she has been super strange (more like terrified) around him.  With that in mind, I didn't take her to hear his talk but she is looking forward to his "party" open house where she has requested that he have balloons.  

After church, we had a a great family dinner to celebrate Easter and April birthdays.  

Lulu loves her Uncle Kevin

Gma & Gpa Milne's Annual Egg Hunt
The egg hunt was a success!  My parents always puts a special egg out for each grandchild with their name on it.  My dad set out one for Zoe and told Londyn to find both.  I'm so grateful to have parents that are  sensitive to our grief.

Today I am celebrating the sacrifice of my Savior.  Without Him, I would not have the assurance that we WILL see Him and Zoe again.


Because of the life and eternal sacrifice of the Savior of the world, we will be reunited with those we have cherished.
On that day we will know the love of our Heavenly Father. On that day we will rejoice that the Messiah overcame all that we could live forever.
Because of the sacred ordinances we receive in holy temples, our departure from this brief mortality cannot long separate relationships that have been fastened together with cords made of eternal ties.
It is my solemn testimony that death is not the end of existence. “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.” Because of the risen Christ, “death is swallowed up in victory.”
Because of our beloved Redeemer, we can lift up our voices, even in the midst of our darkest Fridays, and proclaim, “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”
When President Hinckley spoke of the terrible loneliness that comes to those who lose the ones they love, he also promised that in the quiet of the night a still, unheard voice whispers peace to our soul: “All is well.” - "Sunday Will Come" by Joseph B. Wirthlin

Me: What do you think Zoe is doing in heaven? 
Londyn: I think she is playing with Jesus. 
Me: Do you think she has lots of friends there? 
Londyn: Yes! 
Me: Do you think her friends are boys or girls? 
Londyn: Boys. 
Me: Why just boys? 
Londyn: because Jesus and Heavenly Father are boys, Mom! 

Happy Easter from the Armitage Family



No comments: