5.07.2009

Baby Love: 32 Weeks


Baby Londyn's Growth:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth. - BabyCenter.com
*******
I officially have 8 weeks to go! It's starting to feel much more surreal. Not to give TMI but things have been happening to this body of mine that I was not prepared for AT ALL! These unexpected events make pregnancy that much more of a roller-coaster. Right now, I'm pretty sure Londyn is in the driver's seat and I am just a whiny backseat driver.

I have been trying to work through a nasty cold for the last week and it's just not shaking. My doc told me to take 4 ibuprofen, 3 times daily. It's helping but just not getting rid of the gunk. How much longer until I can take the REAL drugs?

Also, I'm pretty sure my hips are separating without an invitation. It has become so painful to walk, stand up or even lay in bed because I feel like my legs are JELL-O. At any moment now, I'm pretty sure my legs will just come right out of their sockets. I'll let you know WHEN it happens!

This "partial" bed rest isn't so bad at all. Considering my only severe restrictions are working, driving and standing for too long... that give me lots of freedom to still function. I still cook, clean, go for walks with Sumo and of course spend way too much time on the Internet. It really hasn't been so bad, especially when I really don't feel like doing much else. Luckily, I have my family and they come and rescue me to run errands, grab a bite or just go visit at their house. I am so blessed to have them close and in my life.

No comments: