9.16.2009

edumacation.

Edumacation, ed u ma kay shon, noun.
Used to refer to an education that someone received at a crappy school, or a lack of education all together.- UrbanDictionary.com

*****

Lately I have been considering going back to school. But with the encouragement of friends and the guidance of the August Visiting Teaching message, I have put a lot of interest and research in furthering my education. With a lot of thought put into a potential area of study, I would love to START and FINISH a degree in Human Services. With this degree, I would love to help families make their adoption dreams come true. Finding homes for children and children with loving parents would be such a rewarding use of my time.

Growing up, I never thought of myself as different from my family or even adopted. I was raised feeling special, unique and even spoiled. I have never put much thought into why or how I was in the position to be adopted, but more importantly I have always felt so indebted to my Father in Heaven and my birth and adoptive parents for giving me the life that I have today. As I have grown into adulthood, I am continuously reminded of how fortunate I truly am. I am so grateful to have been sent to a loving family with the Gospel in their lives. Without my upraising in the Gospel, I might not have had the opportunity to be sealed for time and all eternity to my sweet husband and baby girl. These tender mercies are the reason why I want to give back, educate others and help create beautiful families.

*****

"Beyond our study of spiritual matters, secular learning is also essential. . . . I urge you to pursue your education—if you are not already doing so or have not done so—that you might be prepared to provide if circumstances necessitate such. - President Thomas S. Monson

"Your talents will expand as you study and learn. You will be able to better assist your families in their learning, and you will have peace of mind in knowing that you have prepared yourself for the eventualities that you may encounter in life" ("Three Goals to Guide You," Liahona and Ensign, Nov. 2007, 119).

No comments: