5.09.2010

date night

Yesterday I had a special Mother's Day surprise this year, from my husband. He surprised me with a date that I had to put no effort in planning! I had no clue what we were doing or where we were going, but I did know we had a babysitter and it was just us two. A perfect beginning to a fabulous date! He took me to see "Date Night" with Steve Carell and Tina Fey which was ironically hilarious because it was about a boring married couple... which we found out, we SO are... already! Then he took me to the Zao Noodle Bar which was a delish restaurant, featuring YUMMY Thai fare. To start, we got house salads with their amazing tamarind-ginger dressing and then I ordered the Yellow Curry with Eggplant and Beef and Andrew ordered the Green Curry with Chicken. Dining out at a new restaurant is such a treat and so fun for us! The evening even gorgeous enough for us to sit outside at a quaint table for two.
We even left the restaurant without feeling guilty or embarrassed that there was food thrown all over the floor beneath our table! A foreign feeling...

Andrew and I rarely go out, just us two. But after last night, I realized how important Date Night truly is. Obviously, we can't afford the posh Thai cuisine scene and a movie every outing, but just time spent alone is a must. The whole evening I was smiling. I was just happy to be out with my man. No diaper bag. No bedtime to work around. And no sore arms from carrying a 22 lbs chubsicle.

Night's like this one, make me a better mom.

No comments: