11.15.2010

Rise & Shine!

My alarm went off at 6 o'clock this morning and after a few nudges from the husband to silence the alarm, I begrudgingly rolled out of bed with shut eyes and somehow ended up in the shower. After waking up with Londyn once in the middle of the night, followed by restless sleep, the last thing I wanted to do was get up and go to work.

As I was standing in the shower, half awake... I started to think about how this day was going to go. The first thought was, why did I ever quit Diet Coke (a daily thought lately)? My second thought was, how much I didn't want to go to work. I wasn't reluctant because of my co-workers or the actual work itself, but just simply having to get up and get going... drop Londyn off and sit in morning traffic. Then I started to think about how this day COULD go... and it donned on me that my prior thoughts were totally unacceptable and I should be ashamed for even thinking them.

I am lucky enough to be in the situation that I am. I have a great boss and a fabulous job that is only 5 minutes away with opportunities to pick up extra hours. I only work two half days each week, with free babysitters that I can honestly trust to love and care for my child.
Today I worked an extra half day in our Portland office, which I will be doing for the following two weeks. I am so blessed to have work because without the extra hours, it would have been difficult to have anything under the Christmas tree for little Miss Londie Lou this year.

Recently I have been working on technique with Liberty dance team in Hillsboro. I get to spend one hour per week for 7 weeks with their awesome team. The girls are so sweet and eager to learn! I love dabbling in dance again and being able to share what I know with these young girls. Not only is it fun, but I am saving the compensation for our trip to Michigan next Summer for an Armitage family reunion. This opportunity is such a blessing as we almost weren't going to be able to make the trip if it weren't for this extra help!

"The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one."
{Oscar Wilde}

So as you can see, I have nothing to complain about! During these harsh economic times, it is a blessing to have a warm home, food to feed my family and lots of loved ones near.

3 comments:

The Good Life said...

Today, I'm grateful for this post!!! :) Doesn't it feel good to be able to help your hubby out with finances to pose less stress on him? It always makes me grateful for the talents I have and the ability to teach so he doesn't HAVE to stress about money so much. And I understand the difficult Christmas bit ;)

Laura said...

I need to be reminded of this alot! Thanks girl!

Nicole said...

i went back to work yesterday too....and you couldn't have said it better.....