12.25.2012

Silent Night


...holy infant so tender and mild,
sleep in heavenly peace.  Sleep in heavenly peace.

...radiant beams from thy holy face, 
with the dawn of redeeming Grace.


Last Sunday, I closed my eyes and took in the words of Silent Night as our congregation reverently sang those beautiful words.  This song brings me such peace as I reflect on that magnificent night of Jesus' birth.  I have often thought of Mary, the mother of our Savior and how she must have felt holding her sweet baby for the first time without knowing all that he would teach, bless and endure throughout his life.  As with most things, I am reminded of Zoe.  I have had many of my own Silent Night's with Zoe... rocking her, changing diapers, switching out her feeds, tending to monitor alarms and sitting by her side in the hospital.  And now... I don't sleep very well so I am often up late, spending lots of time thinking about her.  Zoe is our holy infant so tender and mild and now sleeps in heavenly peace.  No matter the amount of tubes or tape on her face, she always radiated goodness and wisdom.  With that I am drawn to the last verse, radiant beams from thy holy face, with the dawn of redeeming Grace.  Zoe's middle name Grace could not have been more inspired and fitting.  She fought hard but always with grace, which has taught me so much about my faith in Heavenly Father and enduring to the end.

Today was a Zoe Day... absolutely perfect.  I was reminded of my sweet baby in the light that filled our home when her big sister opened her presents and when Londyn lovingly prayed for her sister before breakfast this morning.  I am so grateful for the precious spirit that was felt all throughout the day.  For Christmas this year, Zoe gave me hope.  She gave me hope that moving forward with her in our hearts is possible and that the many Christmas's we will share before being joined with her again won't be easy, but they will be celebrated and filled with joy for the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas Zo-zo

.

No comments: