2.16.2009

Valentine's Day: The 1st of Many



This last Saturday, February 14th, 2009 was our very first Valentine's Day together. It was such a perfect day! We decided that since we're a broke joke, we couldn't spend much... at least that's what I had thought...

So, I woke up early on Saturday morning around 7:30pm and put my sign up on the bedroom that says, "Happy Valentine's Day... PLEASE STAY HERE! (And that means... Don't Move a Muscle!" I then laid out a big heart-shaped box of chocolates and headed downstairs to begin my task. I prepared REAL french toast with fruit compote, powdered sugar and whipped cream with Andrew's favorite, Silk soy chocolate milk. I also set out breakfast for the King and Queen (Ma and Pa Milne) with a sign that said "Happy Valentine's Day - for the King and Queen" I even set out a diet coke on ice, at the Queen's place setting... am I good or am I good?

I then tiptoed upstairs to deliver breakfast in bed to my valentine. It took me several moments to wake him up... I guess I didn't need the sign to make him stay put. He was so sweet and thankful for my surprise. It was definitely a success! Last but not least, I gave him my homemade valentine that I took so long to make. It was so fun getting creative with my Valentine's Day plan. I love surprising Andrew!

Now, as for Andrew... he definitely outdid himself with his Valentine's surprise. I was pooped from making breakfast so I decided to take a nap, late that morning. I was sweetly woken up by my husband with a card and gift. The card mentioned how I needed a break to relax. When I opened the gift bag, the Wicked soundtrack was inside. I was so excited, because almost my whole family is going and since we can't afford tickets- I figured at least I could enjoy the music! Then as I opened the CD, their were tickets inside! He is taking me out for a night on the town. I was shocked! Not a clue :) I can't wait to see the show!
After the wonderful events of the morning, we attended my niece Mary's baptism. It was such a beautiful baptism and such a sweet spirit was present. She was so lovely in her white dress and I was honored to be there. A warm feeling came to my heart as I realized that someday, not too far, will I be dressing Londyn in her white baptism dress. I love Mary so much and am grateful that my little girl has such outstanding cousins to look up to as examples.

Following the baptism, the family went to Sweet Tomatoes and we stuffed our faces with delicious food. It was the finale to a perfect day. It is days like this that I feel so blessed for all that I have and the people in my life. I am a very lucky woman!

No comments: