10.15.2009

23.

A year ago today, it was Andrew and I- in our rabbit hole of a basement apartment in S. Provo. Both of us working full time, enjoying newlywed life and beginning our story as husband and wife. I had no idea that just a short year from that time, I would be back living in my hometown, cleaning and cooking in my own home, working off the baby weight and celebrating mommy-hood. How quickly a year goes by.
The last year has been a whirlwind. Sometimes I wish that I could just slow the clock down... and recapture all the sweet moments that pass by. I am realizing how short this beautiful life is and that nothing is holding me back from capturing the sweet moments, but myself. All too often, I get caught up in the motions of life and forget to breathe. I am far too blessed to stop, give thanks and have joy.
As I sit and ponder on my 23rd birthday, I can truly say- I have been blessed with the life I had always dreamed of. I have my prince charming, my princess and my castle. As a little girl, my greatest desire was to love and be loved. Period.
I have so much love in my home, family and heart.
I am blessed.

Here's to the next 23 years.

No comments: