3.31.2010

sew inspired.

I have been in a creative frenzy lately! In an effort to improve my skills and develop new talents, I am determined to teach myself to sew! As a youngster my mom taught me the basics of sewing and I even took clothing classes in high school. But... time has past and I'm beyond rusty! With all of the DIY boutique-chic blogs and sites out there, I am inspired! Fashioning my little girl doesn't have to break the bank!
Don't look too closely... but below are photos of my first project! Believe it or not, this is a dress I made for Londyn out of a simple white eyelet pillowcase, from my sister's linen closet! Super simple! I can't wait to design more!

When I was finished constructing the dress, it looked a little too plain for my taste. I guess less really isn't more in my book! So of course, I decided to embellish! Another nice feature about my ruffled embellishment is that it hides quite a few flaws!

Not only do I look forward to more sewing experiments, I have lots of other projects in the craft queue! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

The Porters said...

So Stinkin' Cute!! Love it!!

The Porters said...

Super cute! You did a great job :) I love it!!

Jadie said...

That is beyond adorable!! I'm very impressed!