12.28.2010

Looking back at 2010


2010 has come and gone! I can't believe how fast this year flew by.

Everyday, I am amazed at the blessing that Londyn is in our hearts and home. These last 18 months have been filled with lots of learning as parents and growing as a family. Just a moment ago, I was holding her in my arms before putting her down for bedtime. I couldn't help but feel her strong spirit and know that she is a daughter of God.
Andrew and I are still learning to be parents of a very active, sassy and loving toddler. She is constantly keeping us on our toes and surprising us with her entertaining personality.

Andrew has been working so hard between his full-time schedule of college courses, working part-time and his military responsibilities. He even manages to juggle his crazy life along with his crazy wife.
Earlier this year, Andrew took a trip to Washington D.C. with his dad and brother Jonathan to attend the memorial service for his Uncle Gerry. Uncle Gerry was a loved and highly respected United States Marine, laid to rest at the Arlington National Cemetery. This was a special experience for Andrew as he had visited Uncle Jerry right before we got married in 2008. During that visit, Andrew was able to hear lots of amazing stories about the Corps. Uncle Gerry will be greatly missed.
This summer, Andrew tackled a huge home improvement project and put a lot of time and planning into giving our backyard a makeover. With the help of his parents visiting in July, it turned out to be a great addition to our house.
Most importantly, Andrew has been working really hard in school. I can't believe he has wanted to study in the field of Electronics Engineering since he was 16 years old and now he's actually getting to do it! Although the material he's been covering is super complicated and 90% of the time I have no idea what he's talking about, I can tell he will be an amazing engineer someday. I love how passionate and excited he gets about new concepts that he learns in class. I am really blessed to to be married to a man that works hard and has drive to do more in life.

As for me, I feel as though I have grown so much in the last 12 months. Not only as a wife and mother, but as a woman and individual. Searching for my birth family and discovering information about myself that I never knew existed has been just like taking a ride on a roller-coaster. It has many ups, downs and even full circles, but is beyond exhilarating all at the same time. Although this journey has just begun and may never end, I am thankful for the courage I have gained through the support from my husband, family and Heavenly Father.
Fear of many things... especially commitment, unfamiliar and unchartered territory has been a constant struggle and has kept me from various life experiences over the years. As I have grown into adulthood, I have associated this fear with my adoption and the unknown of how my life all began.
Having now found myself at a place where I can face my fears, regardless of the outcome is not only empowering but fuel to continue searching and learning about who I am and where I came from, with faith.

***

We have so much to look forward to in 2011 and will hold memories of this year dear to our hearts.

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: