11.26.2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

The holiday started out with some friends from the Marines at Chuck E. Cheese, celebrating their son Austin's 5th birthday party.  We had so much fun catching up with the Runkle's, playing games and chillin' with Chuck E.!


*****
Turkey Day started out with a breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls and lots of R&R.  It was fabulous to just kick back and enjoy the day.  My assignments for dinner this year were pumpkin pies and the salad.  I baked the pies the day before and whipped up a salad in just 5 minutes.  It was a REALLY tough cooking day... NOT!  
We then headed over to my parents house and about two minutes away I got a call from my dad, just making sure we knew dinner was at 3pm.  In a very convincing and shocked tone, I explained that mom had told me dinner was at 5pm.  He apologized (as I could hear my mom progressively freaking out in the background)... I told him we hadn't even showered yet, so we would try to make it over as soon as possible.  The minute I hung up, Andrew and I were cracking up and knew my poor mom was probably stressing to the max.  When we pulled up to the driveway, we were soon greeted by my parents... glaring with hands on their hips.  It wouldn't be a holiday with my family if I didn't give my mama a hard time!  Love ya, Ma!

As usual, this day included lots of FOOD, FOOTBALL & FAMILY!


*****
On Friday, we had our 20 week ultrasound.  Seeing our baby's face for the first time was such a sweet moment.  I couldn't stop staring at the picture of his/her profile.  It hit me that there really is a 4th member of our family on the way!

The ultrasound showed that baby is right on track for size, weighing 13 ounces and dating a little bit earlier than our original due date at April 11th instead of April 14th... so somewhere around there.

Now I know what you're wondering... just say it already, is it a GIRL or a BOY?!

Well, you're just going to have to suffer and wait with us as we had the sonographer put the gender in an envelope to be opened on Christmas morning!  It will totally be worth the wait!

To tide you over for the next 30 days... meet the nugget...

The sonographer was so nice to give us a total of 12 photos, but this one is my absolute favorite.

Tiny hands...

Big foot...

Andrew got to feel baby kick with this little leg for the first time today!

The sonographer told us the ultrasound would take about 40 minutes, but baby was so active... squirming, kicking and flip-flopping all over the place that it took him 2 hours to get all of the measurements he needed.

*****
Now to top off an amazing weekend, my niece Emma turned 8 years old and chose to be baptized as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  
On Friday, I took my younger four nieces, my nephew and Lulu to Pump It Up Jr. to celebrate Emma's big day.  Pump It Up was awesome and all the kids had a blast!  Londyn loves her cousins so much.  I can't believe how lucky she is to have them to look up.

Emma & Sam

Kai-Guy

Jen, Lulu & Emma

Emma gets air!

Emma, Mary, Lulu & Sammie

The crew

*****
The best part of this weekend was spending time with the Mr. and little Miss Lulu-pants.  Londyn loves her daddy so much and having him home all to herself was a treat!


As Andrew raked the leaves into the street, Lulu made sure to sweep them back onto the sidewalk.
Such a big helper.


No comments: