6.24.2010

Shine Like the Top of the Chrysler Building

When I was about 6 years old, we lived out in the country and I only had one neighbor girl that was my age. We were playing and she asked me, "what was it like being in an orphanage?" I asked her if she had seen the movie "Annie" and she said yes. I told her that it was just like "Annie." I explained to the neighbor girl that all of us orphans had to scrub floors and clean, while dancing and singing. She totally bought it.
***
Good Housekeeping Tip:

Always keep several get well cards on the mantle... so if unexpected guests arrive, they will think you've been sick and unable to clean.
***
I have a secret. I am a closet "selective cleaner." So here I am, coming out. My name is Kacie Armitage and I only clean the downstairs level of our home. The downstairs is mainly where we spend our time. The downstairs has the bathroom most used and it is where we eat, lounge and have visitors over. It makes perfect sense in my mind.

Now... the upstairs is a nightmare. I avoid the upstairs at all cost, aside from catching my Zzzz's and getting ready in the morning. Other than that, the upstairs is just a pit stop in my day. I hate cleaning the bathrooms upstairs and I absolutely despise the laundry that accumulates upstairs.
The only positive to the upstairs level is our bed.
Our bed = A heavenly experience.

So there it is. My dirty laundry (literally) for all to see.
My fabulous in-laws are coming to visit next week for 6 days and I have been putting off the lengthy task of tackling our nasty upstairs. Cleaning the upstairs genuinely gives me this anxiety that I can't describe. It's just overwhelming. When I was living under my parents roof, I always had the same issue with my room. My mom would sit in my room and coach me through the piles of clothes that found residence on my bedroom floor. But, I am the mom now and must overcome this monster of a mess!

Last night, I stayed up until midnight cleaning toilets, scrubbing the tub, vacuuming, mopping and of course, collecting Diet Coke cans placed in more corners than necessary. I even installed the decorative black toilet seat that we registered for at our wedding... it was just collecting dust in our hallway closet.

Being productive feels so good... and clean too!

1 comment:

Brendi68 said...

HAHA...I am bringing my white gloves and will do some testing on the upstairs!!! BE FOREWARNED!!!