3.15.2009

It Ain't Over Til' The Fat Lady Sings

Londyn and I are growing quite rapidly at 16 weeks left to go! My hips are constantly sore and my lower back aches consistently. She is kicking and groovin' in my belly much more and Andrew can finally feel her moving. My body temperature is becoming an issue as I go from a popsicle to as hot as the sun in a matter of seconds! Cravings are pretty minimal... but VOLUME is the real issue. I find myself eating more and MORE as my appetite continues to grow. Chocolate/peanut butter ice cream is a fav and celery stalks with peanut butter on top is de-lish as well. My feet are beginning to swell and I find my them resembling Miss Piggy's more and more each day. I have also decided to transfer my OB care to a Nurse Practitioner/Midwife in the Providence Newberg Woman's Center. Her name is Nan Macy and I will be meeting with her for the first time on March 31st. My OB and I just weren't a good fit and I strongly feel that it is crucial to have a comfortable relationship with your health care provider.
We'll see how it goes with the Midwife!
Overall, I am a pregnant woman with roller coaster hormones. Everything evokes a dramatic emotion these days... whether it is extreme sadness or overwhelming goofiness. Either way, I continually thank my husband for all the patience and love he has for his crazy wife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kacie!
First of all, you look sooo beautiful! Wow :) You're glowing head to toe!

Second of all, I am so happy to hear you've decided to give the Midwifery Center a try -- something tells me you won't be disappointed.

A Midwifery Today Conference just took place in Eugene (http://www.midwiferytoday.com/conferences/Eugene2009/) and I was lucky enough to film the interviews for www.mindful-mama.com. In the process, I learned more than I ever thought I needed to know about midwives, doulas, homebirth, waterbirth, and midwifery birth centers. All in all, the experience was life-changing: I have decided there is no way I am giving birth in a regular hospital (unless, of course, there are complications with the baby, in which case I will have to). I strongly believe that trusting your body to do what is was meant to do (giving birth naturally and without drugs) and giving birth surrounded only by people you love and trust, can help you bond ten times more with your baby, as soon as he/she steps foot into this world! How beautiful is that?

Sure, it takes courage, but in the end, we all know it will have been worth it:)

I'm not sure if that is what you intend to do, or you're looking to get a doula/midwife only for support. Even so, I think they are tremendous help and support and my heart just melts thinking of how they are able to lift your spirits during such trying moments for you and the baby :)

Ahhhh...when did I ever get so sappy? I'm not even the one who's pregnant :)

Anyway, keep us posted on how it goes with your doula/midwife! I am very curious :)

xoxo
Sabina