In just a few days, it will be General Conference weekend. Not only is this time exciting because we get to hear from the Prophet and other leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but it is the exact weekend, a year ago, that I met Andrew. Most of you know our story... of how it all began, and yes- we did meet on Match.com. It was Conference weekend that we crossed paths online and started e-mailing while Andrew was in Iraq... just passing time in anticipation to return to the U.S. and I was wallowing in one of my many dating depressions in Provo... giving up boys... again. I figured checking out Match.com was harmless and in no way, shape or form... giving in to my hiatus from the opposite sex. We e-mailed and e-mailed probably getting 3 to 4 e-mails a day from each other. I like to think that I kept him going during those rough days in Iraq... (yeah right.) We planned on meeting when he got back to Utah... but no plans to date, let alone a relationship were mentioned. I went with my family on a cruise to Mexico... racking up a very sizable phone bill- making overseas calls (sorry Mom and Dad). We decided that he would pick me up from the airport when I returned... yes, my parents were concerned... but knew I would end up doing what I had my mind set to do... and I did! I made sure that my Mexico-tan was at its finest, wearing a coral dress, heels and a fabulous new lip gloss... I was ready to meet my prince charming. In his pictures he looked mighty handsome... but ya never know how talented these online guys are with Photoshop and other modern technologies. He was an hour late... because he was finishing up loose ends at the base and couldn't get away. I tried calling everyone I knew to ease the tension and to appear nonchalante when he arrived.
I can honestly say that when I saw him for the first time, he was absolutely the most handsome man I had ever seen. To top that, his smile was killer! We hugged and hugged some more... he grabbed my bags and we headed to his car. On the car ride home, he went to give me a high five... but I took it a step further and held his hand the rest of the drive. Then when we got to my apartment we talked forever... about everything... and then it happened. I offered to get him some water in the kitchen, he followed and just like in the movies, asked me to dance right there in the middle of my kitchen! While we were dancing, I got up on my tip toes as high as I could and layed a big wet one on him! I have never been afraid to go after what I've wanted and I'm pretty sure Andrew found that out on the very first day.
That night we decided to date exclusively as a couple. The next day we ran some of his errands... considering it had been 7 months since he had been on American soil... then went to Mimi's Cafe for our first date... followed by our drive home when Andrew told me he couldn't explain but, he loved me! The next day... "our second date" we bought a ring! Three days later... he proposed at the Thanksgiving Point gardens in front of the waterfalls.
.... One year later... we are happily married- sealed for time and all eternity, expecting our baby girl Londyn Joy in just 3 months, have our very first home and are still madly in love!
I can truly say that our Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways.
"Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father" 1 Thessalonians 1:3

No comments: