9.17.2010

Get with the program!

Yesterday, Andrew and I attended an Orientation meeting for his Electronics Engineering Technology program. I was excited to attend, so that I could get a feel for what Andrew will be doing for the next 4 years. At the orientation, we had the opportunity to hear from the dean, the programs' faculty, the college job recruit and a program graduate. The instructors and school seem to be very dedicated to their students and especially passionate about the field of Engineering.


It was really good for me to attend the orientation with Andrew because I learned how intense and demanding this program is going to be. More than once, we were told that this program is a full-time job and the students will be eating, breathing and sleeping the material. Although it is going to be a long haul, I am so proud of Andrew for diving in and setting his mind to his education. Andrew has known since he was a teenager that he wanted to be an Electronics Engineer. I plan to support him and know that his absence over the next few years will be in the best interest of our future as a family.

He will start school next Friday!

No comments: