9.22.2010

Maki Roll Update

It has been almost three weeks since I starting using my Bodybugg and let me just say, it is more than just weight loss tool. It is teaching me. It is teaching me to stop and think before I eat. It is teaching me to stretch and lift weights while I'm watching my favorite show, instead of plop down on the couch with my two pals Ben and Jerry.

At first I was having a difficult time remembering to wear the Bodybugg. But now when I go to bed, it sits on my nightstand and when I wake up, it goes right back on my arm. It lasts up to 7 days without charging. I also borrowed my friends' Digital Display, which can be worn like a watch or even just clipped on your clothes. The Digital Display syncs with the Bodybugg armband and tells you exactly how many calories you have burned, steps you have taken and how close you are to your daily target. These tools hardcore. I have learned so much in the last three weeks! I have lost 5.5 lbs. to date and although I am used to the bigger numbers lost with quick fix diets and gimmicks, I realize that my 5.5 lbs. lost are real, honest to goodness pounds shed. These aren't pounds in water or pounds that will just come right back when I eat another meal. They are pounds that I worked hard to lose, will continue to lose and eventually maintain at a healthy rate.

If you ask my husband, he will tell you that I can do any insane diet or weight loss program for exactly 1 month. After a month, the work and sacrifice is too hard, I usually get antsy for unrealistic results, non-committal and eventually quit. Approaching on the completion of my third week, I am not feeling anywhere near those feelings. I am eating healthy, finding alternatives to high calorie cravings and feeling great about myself!

I am most excited about the fact that I am getting healthy and setting a good example for my daughter. I want her to see me as an active, healthy and strong woman. It is a lifelong goal of mine, to be that for my children.

No comments: