9.17.2010

Nap Time

I knew we gave Londyn the middle name "Joy" for a reason, I just wasn't sure what that reason was at the time. She is truly such a joy! Londyn has always been an easy baby, don't get me wrong... the kid has sass, but all in all, it's not too tough to be her mom.

On the other hand, this week has not reflected the above bragging. We have always been super lucky with Londyn's sleeping habits. At only a month old, she was sleeping through the night in her crib. She has been taking a morning and afternoon nap, lasting 2-3 hours for as long as I can remember. But, this week she has been flirting with the idea of cutting out her morning nap. Considering she is almost 14 months old, I knew it was bound to happen one of these days... but was not eager by any means. Now when I say flirting... I really mean, dropping it all together, cold turkey. Go big, or go home... right? WRONG! She has been a mess... walking around like a drunken sailor and one minute she's sobbing, the next she's cracking up. Seriously, this kid is nuts. Her schedule is so out of whack, at about 6:30pm she grabs her "dog" and walks around saying "nigh nigh... nigh nigh" to put her to bed.

Now this morning is another story, she woke up at 7am, had her morning bottle, watched her show and cuddled... then ate breakfast, played and went down for her morning nap. This is her normal routine... going to bed about an hour and a half after she wakes up. I'm not going to lie, I am a routine kinda mom so it was a relief when she reverted back to the norm.

We'll see what tomorrow will bring! Ya never know, with Londie Lou!


No comments: