9.11.2010

Remembering 9/11

It has been 9 years ago today that the attacks of 9/11 occurred. I have been reflecting on that tragic day all week, and remembering where I was and the person that I was at that time. I remember not being able to fully understand the severity of the situation as I had just arrived to early morning seminary, being a new freshman in high school. Seminary was held in the community senior center and so when I walked in, the news was on and everyone was watching the terrifying footage of what was taking place at ground zero.

Not only do I think of the events of that day, but also our country and the families that lost that day. I sent Andrew off to drill this morning and thought of the sacrifices that he and his fellow servicemen have made for our country. I realize more and more everyday how the freedom of our country is not free. So many have gone before us, fighting for the integrity of our great nation. I admire and pray for the mothers, fathers, wives, siblings, children and all who grieve their loved ones today.


No comments: