10.21.2008

Oregon Visit!

Andrew and I were off on a flight to Oregon at 6:50pm last Thursday! We had tons of fun and both felt that the trip was far too short. Unfortunately, amidst all the fun- I forgot to snap photos. Sorry!
After a short flight, we were welcomed by my parents with delicious hamburger stew and cornbread muffins. Mmmm!!! And of course, my mom being the fabulous hostess that she is, their were yellow roses for me and a box of chocolates for Andrew waiting on the nightstand of our bedroom. Can you guess where I get my "overdoing" from?
Friday morning we slept in, which was oh so needed and went up to the Milne Farm. We got to see the chickens and meet the goats! They are so adorable and it was fun to watch Kyler and Emma play with the animals. Then, we were off to my absolute favorite teriyaki joint, Bon Teriyaki. Man, I wish we had one of those here in Provo! It is the BEST Japanese teriyaki in this universe! Thoroughly stuffed, we went home to prepare for the evenings events. I was off to Time Out for Women with Mom, Emma, Grandma, Bec and Jenelle. Andrew was gearing up for the family sleepover at G-ma & G-pa Milne's house. This included the Christensen girls, Milne girls, Kyler, Kevin, Todd, Dad, and of course the dogs- Jack and Maggie. I was worried Andrew would not want to have kids after this event! But of course, he was a trooper and enjoyed the gathering! While the girls were gone, Andrew and Dad made a potato gun and took it up to the farm for practice. Those two are trouble together!
I had a blast at Time Out for Women. The speakers really were uplifting and it was nice to listen to other women that go through similar experiences and feelings from day to day. It was especially wonderful to be with the women in my family. I felt like it was somewhat of an initiation to be there with them. They have all gone before a couple times, and I was not able to go- considering I was in Utah. We stayed in a hotel and got to chat, laugh... eat and chat some more! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
When we returned home, Andrew and Dad had transformed into chefs and prepared a yummy birthday dinner for Megan and I. They made salmon, scalloped potatoes, salad, grilled asparagus (Andrew's creation), Broccoli, rolls and shrimp with cocktail sauce. I wouldn't have traded that meal for a restaurant in a million years! So good! And of course, the traditional ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. It was the best birthday finale ever!

2 comments:

rlmquest said...

It sounds like so much fun...I am so glad I was a part of it all! I so enjoyed the much needed laughs and spiritual uplifts. You are awesome Kace!!!!

Josh and Danielle said...

hey kacie!!! i am so happy to see you guys happy! here is my blogspot you should add me! good to talk to you! have a wonderful day!