10.02.2012

First Day

Andrew had his first day at Intel yesterday!  He left at 6:30am and didn't get home until 7:30pm.  We've all been together nonstop since Zoe died, so this was the first time I had to fly solo.  I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder, because I was so ready for him to come home.  He was done with New Employee Orientation around 3pm, but then started training for an additional 4 hours.  

To pass time, Lulu and I did a few things to make his arrival a little sweeter.

While Londyn was napping, I made this poster to put outside by the front door.

We "made" cookies (I don't bake... so this is as good as it gets around here)
Open package... place precut dough on cookie sheet... and bake!

Lulu drew a picture and made a tiger puppet for Daddy.

 I made low-carb meatloaf (delish), sautéed green beans and fried red potatoes.

DADDY'S HOME!  
I was so giddy to see my big tall white man with all of his Intel swag that I made him stop for a photo.  I know it's silly, but Intel is AWESOME!  This is Andrew's first "big boy job" and I am just so excited for him.  They really take care of their peeps.  He came home with a work phone, lanyard, bag, notebook and little Intel man for Londyn.  They even give him gift cards to use for lunch while he's in training.

I've probably embarrassed Andrew throughout this entire post... but I'm just SO proud of this man.


No comments: