10.28.2012

Gratitude



I am overwhelmed with gratitude. In just 9 days, we have received donations from friends, family and strangers on behalf of our sweet Zoe's headstone. Yesterday we were blessed by a generous stranger with a $500.00 donation. This is what I wrote to their family and it applies to each and every one of our donors. 

"I really have no words to express our gratitude for your extremely generous donatio
n. What you have done for our family has made dreams come true. I didn't think we would be able to even come close to having a proper and appropriate memorial for our baby Zoe due to financial limitations. But now we can. Your donation has brought us up to the exact amount we need for the entire headstone and I am just amazed that a complete stranger would reach out to our family in such a tremendous way.


It is hard to explain the need and desire I have in my heart as a mother to have her headstone be perfect in every way. I will never be able to dress her up for prom, shop for her wedding dress or help her pick out a crib for her very own baby. But this headstone is something we can still do for her. For the rest of my life, I will visit her headstone and be able to remember her in peace. I will never forget your kindness and hope to meet you someday to truly thank you in person."

Thank you. 
Each and every one of your prayers, e-mails, comments and donations has brought our family closer to peace. 

No comments: