8.05.2010

Step


I usually don't have a problem leaving Londyn when Andrew and I go out or when I go to work for 4 or 5 hours, but today was another story. I dropped her off at Grandma's house at 7:30AM and headed to work. For some reason it was really hard to leave her there. Of course, she didn't give me the time of day when I left and I know she was in good hands, but all day I was missing my Londyn. I even called my mom 3 times to check on her.
After 9 1/2 hours without me, all I got was a pity smile upon my arrival. I was expecting her to get super excited and come give me big loves... but no. Nothing. I suppose that's better than the alternative of screaming and pitching a fit whenever I leave the room.

When we got home, I relaxed on the floor and we played with toys. All of a sudden, she got up and started walking! In the past couple of months I have only seen her take 1 or 2 steps, but this time it was 5 or 6 steps in a row! I love watching her master her walking technique. Of course, when I try to help her or encourage her to walk to me, she plops on the floor and will only crawl. She is little miss independent.

No comments: